2RM Back squat
*Compare results to 3RM on 7/16/2018
– THEN –
12 Hang squat clean (135/95#)
12 Toes to bar
24 Lateral bar hops
*16 minute time cap
SIMPLY CONDITIONING CLASS
AMRAP 20 minutes:
40 DB Thruster
40 Sit ups
40 Jumping lunge steps
40 Plank shoulder taps
Industrious 15 Minutes of Fame: Meet Carrie!
1) What (who) brought you to Industrious? – My previous CrossFit gym was closing earlier this year and I was talking with one of the coaches who had begun his coaching career at Industrious. He recommended it to me thinking it would be a good fit and that I’d really like it. After my first class I knew it was going to be my new gym! I won’t lie, I was a little nervous since I knew Industrious had been represented at the Games and Regionals, so I was expecting an intimidating environment, and found the complete opposite. Everyone was so nice and welcoming right away – shout out to all the coaches who know your name after literally meeting you one time, and the 6am crew!
2) What is the most significant change you have experienced since you have been here? – I’d say the most significant change for me has been mental. I used to cherry pick workouts that had elements I struggle with because I was embarrassed, but since being at Industrious that has changed – I now try to go to the types of workouts I used to purposely skip. The coaches and other members are so supportive and empowering, I never feel self-conscious about scaling movements or being slower. I’d say my negative self-talk has gotten better too since it is basically impossible to be down on yourself when you’re surrounded by positivity.
3) What is your favorite thing about Industrious? – Can I say everything? But seriously, I love the coaches, the programming, the people, and overall the atmosphere and culture! I don’t think I can pick just one thing.
4) What are your goals or aspirations for this year? – Work on my weaknesses! Get better at gymnastics movements, and improve my aerobic capacity.
5) Share one thing we do NOT know about you! One of my best friends from college was drafted by the Seahawks and asked me to move out here from Wisconsin to be his roommate since he wanted some close friends around. I was planning on only staying for a year, but then started a career, met my husband at a Mariners game, and am still here coincidentally working for the radio stations that are home to both the Seahawks and Mariners. (I’m still a Packers and Brewers fan though.)