1) What (who) brought you to Industrious?
I wanted to try CrossFit and I found Industrious online. I planned on checking out a few different gyms before choosing where to go. But I met Steve-O and he showed me around and that was all I needed. That was about 5 years ago and I am still happy about that decision.
2) What is the most significant change you have experienced since you have been here?
- I finally got a little bit smarter about taking days off and resting when my body needs it. For about a year I was so excited that I wanted to do every workout and hated to miss a day. Stephen suggested taking a couple days off each week and he was right. I feel better and perform better when with the extra rest.
- Mobility. When I first started I struggled to overhead squat with a stick or empty bar. There is still room for improvement but now I can usually do the overhead squats when they come up in a workout.
3) What is your favorite thing about Industrious?
It’s tough to pick one thing. The coaches are great. They always have a tip or suggestion to fix whatever needs to be corrected. And I have made a lot of friends that I love to workout with. It’s awesome to have buddies to joke around and compete with.
4) What are your goals or aspirations for this year?
Keep improving mobility, keep getting stronger, avoid injuries, and do things the right way.
5) Share one thing we do NOT know about you!
I am a big Cleveland Browns fan. But since most people I’ve met already know that, 2 of my favorite exercises are strict pullups and the bike.