Heavy for the day:
– THEN –
AMRAP 15 minutes:
25 OH Squats (155/105#)
45 Deadlift (155/105#)
65 Lateral bar hops
SIMPLY BARBELL CLASS
Bench press 5-5-5-5-5
SIMPLY CONDITIONING CLASS
AMRAP 20 minutes:
40 1-arm DB Push press (alt arms every 10 reps)
40 Mountain climbers
40 Glute bridge alt kicks
APRIL IS AUTISM AWARENESS MONTH, AND WE ARE SPREADING THE WORD TO SUPPORT THE LOCAL CHAPTER OF THE NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION TALK ABOUT CURING AUTISM (TACA).
TOMORROW WE WILL BE HOSTING A FUNDRAISER WORKOUT TO SPREAD AWARENESS, AND WE ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE WORKOUT AND CONSIDER MAKING A DONATION TO TACA!
What is Autism:
Autism is referred to as Autism Spectrum Disorder or ASD and is a developmental disability that can cause a range of mild to severe social, communication and behavioral challenges. Most people with autism look like other people but their behavior, social skills and communication are markedly different than people without the disorder.
- An estimated 1 out of 42 boys and 1 in 189 girls are diagnosed with autism in the United States.
- Boys are 4.5 times more likely than girls to have autism
- ASD is estimated to affect more than 3 million individuals in the U.S.
- Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.
- Autism costs the nation over $238 billion per year, a figure expected to significantly increase in the next decade
- Autism receives approximately 5% of the government research funding of many less prevalent childhood diseases
- While there is no medical detection or known cure for autism, thousands of children have shown significant improvement resulting from early diagnosis and use of effective interventions
*Facts and information courtesy of Tacanow.org
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE